• Contractor: Prashanth Projects Limited
• Project Cost: Kshs 5.3 billion.
• World class automated fire fighting system installed.
• Each of the four tanks holds 33.4 million litres.
• The tanks will carry diesel and super petrol.
• Nairobi’s storage capacity doubled from current 100 million litres to 233 million litres.
• KPC’s total storage capacity goes up to 745 million litres from the current 612.3 million litres.
• Sufficient capacity for receipt of higher volumes of products expected from Line 5.
• Enhanced operational flexibility and increased tank turnaround for Kipevu Oil Storage Facility in Mombasa.
• Guaranteed security of supply for Kenya and the region.
• More ullage (storage space) creation in Kipevu, Mombasa hence reduction of demurrage charges.